HRA Capital Pooling

We are considering not retaining a quarter's 1-4-1 receipts.
Returning them to the DCLG.

Question : can we subsequently change our minds ?
There are cells on the return which are for declaring (subsequently) Under or Over payments.
So could we claim an Over Payment and get the 1-4-1's back ?

We are poised to make decisions on the HRA Business Plan, following the changes to self-financing.
Does anyone have experience doing this ? perhaps for different reasons ?