Stamp duty relief on outright purchase

We are thinking of purchasing 5 properties. We did some research and found that if you are provider of social housing you get SDLT relief. However, there is some ambiguity whether the Council considers as for profit” or “not for profit” organisation. Hence, can be classified as of provider of social housing 

I would like to whether any other council has done outright purchase and received SDLT relief. If yes, on what basis.

Thank you.

Parents
  • Dear Mr Shah,

I’d like to introduce myself as the editor of TISonline Local Authority Housing board. I have asked the board members for views on your question and two members have responded as follows.

I hope this is helpful and I expect our members would be willing to respond to any follow up questions you may have.

• Dear Mr Shah,

I’d like to introduce myself as the editor of TISonline Local Authority Housing board. I have asked the board members for views on your question and two members have responded as follows.

I hope this is helpful and I expect our members would be willing to respond to any follow up questions you may have.

Children
No Data