Stamp duty relief on outright purchase

We are thinking of purchasing 5 properties. We did some research and found that if you are provider of social housing you get SDLT relief. However, there is some ambiguity whether the Council considers as for profit” or “not for profit” organisation. Hence, can be classified as of provider of social housing 

I would like to whether any other council has done outright purchase and received SDLT relief. If yes, on what basis.

Thank you.

Parents
  • Thank you for your responses. It seems that Council is not entitled to SDLT relief, unless subsidies by a government grant or purchase via subsidiary. I am quite surprised that Council are not considered as Registered Social provider as they is what we do. I will ask our tax advise for help.

Thank you once again.

• Thank you for your responses. It seems that Council is not entitled to SDLT relief, unless subsidies by a government grant or purchase via subsidiary. I am quite surprised that Council are not considered as Registered Social provider as they is what we do. I will ask our tax advise for help.

Thank you once again.

Children
No Data