Using retained RTB receipts to buy temporary accomodation

My client is proposing to buy temporary accommodation for homeless families. The acquisition is to be financed by using 30% retained RTB receipts and the balance from General Fund borrowing. The argument is that these properties can be defined as Social Housing under Part 2 of Housing & Regeneration Act 2008. Has any other Authorities undertaken such acquisitions and if so how did they get on when the Pooling Return was audited?
Parents
  • We''re also looking at this. One of my concerns is that regardless of any legal issues the use of "1 for 1" receipts for temporary accommodation doesn''t appear to sit well with the policy intentions of the "1 for 1" regime and that there may be a risk that the DCLG will terminate the agreement.
  • We''re also looking at this. One of my concerns is that regardless of any legal issues the use of "1 for 1" receipts for temporary accommodation doesn''t appear to sit well with the policy intentions of the "1 for 1" regime and that there may be a risk that the DCLG will terminate the agreement.
Children
No Data