Large Housing Developments through the HRA

Is there any Councils who are progressing with large housing development schemes through the HRA? (Rather than a separate company?)
We are currently looking into the potential to develop a large site for Housing (300+ properties). But for any large site to be financially viable, we would need to supply a mixed tenure of housing. Some to be retained as affordable rented through the HRA, some as Shared ownership, and some to be sold on the open market. Can the HRA build new properties to sell directly on the open market, if the Capital Receipts help fund the development of the scheme?
Parents
  • Thank you for your reply. It was as I suspected, our problem being our GF is unlikely to afford adding this to its current Capital Programme, which will mean any large potential developments will not go ahead until a separate Company can be set up, which will take months.

I don''t suppose you could send me a link to any legislation/regulations your Council use relating to this? I struggled to find anything, and it would be useful to refer to.

Thank you.
  • Thank you for your reply. It was as I suspected, our problem being our GF is unlikely to afford adding this to its current Capital Programme, which will mean any large potential developments will not go ahead until a separate Company can be set up, which will take months.

I don''t suppose you could send me a link to any legislation/regulations your Council use relating to this? I struggled to find anything, and it would be useful to refer to.

Thank you.
Children
No Data